Image Map

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Parent Test Prep

We spend weeks getting our kiddos ready for testing season, but there is often one part of the education team that is overlooked when it comes to preparation.  The parents.  We spend a crazy amount of time in our classroom talking about how if I’ve done my job all year, and the students have done their job all year we should be ready.  We talk about the numerous ways they can and should be preparing at home; getting a good night’s sleep, eating a healthy brain-powering breakfast, and packing a healthy snack on testing days. 

Each year I send home a Parent Test Prep letter with general testing tips and things that I ask the parents to do to help us be ready.  I attach an envelope with 3 die-cut shapes inside.  I ask the parents to write a positive, encouraging note to their child, one for each day of testing.  They seal the notes in the envelope and return them to school in their child’s folder.  Each testing morning, I leave a note from home on each kiddos desk.  Occasionally, I have a student who does not bring an envelope back.  For those students, I write a note and will have my principal or other “well-known,” adults on campus write a note.  I usually have a great response from students and parents and many students have held on to their notes in a special place!

Parent Test Prep Letter

I posted a picture today while I was prepping my letter to go home and was asked by several teachers to share.

Insta Pic

I made an editable version too so that you can change it to fit your classroom.

Parent Test Prep Letter (editable)

You can grab a copy of my letter and the editable version by clicking HERE!

I hope you find them useful and I hope that you have a stress free testing season!

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post and the idea of the parent notes!! <3 Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! What a brilliant idea to include families in their child's testing success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! Thank you for sharing!!! We test Monday so I am going to try to get this together tomorrow!😊❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! How fun! I can't wait to get this prepped this summer for our testing in October!! Thank you for sharing and so encouraging to your kids!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete